Welcome to Coffee and Code with me, Dan Vega for the week of Feb 9 - Feb 15, 2020. This newsletter is a little insight into what I was up to this week, things I found interesting and anything on my radar for the upcoming week. If you don't already have one grab a cup and your favorite beverage and let's get to it.
This week I was able to publish a detailed article and video on
reactive() in Vue 3.
I think what I am most excited about Vue 3 is to see how other developers embrace it and use it. While I have had a chance to play with it over the last few months I know that isn't the case for everyone.
The biggest feature coming to Vue 3 is the Composition API. This offers an alternative approach to creating components that is much different than the existing options API. I have no problem admitting that when I first saw it, I didn't get it. The more I use it though the more it just makes sense. While you won't go rewriting entire applications using the Composition API it will make you think about how create components and compose functionality going forward.
I have given a couple of presentations on Vue 3 recently and one question that keeps coming up is when do I use Ref vs Reactive to declare a reactive property. I never had a great answer for this so over the past couple of weeks I set out to answer this question and this article is the result of that research.
You can read the rest of the article using the link below or check out the video on the same topic here.
I am going to try something new this week. I have content ready to go for the following topics and I would like you to help me pick which video to work on next. All you have to do is respond to this email or let me know on Twitter. You can also contact me If you would like to see something that is not on this list.
- Groovy 3 has been released, let's take a look at the new features (Multiple videos)
- What is my Visual Studio Code theme and some tips on how to find new ones.
- HankerRank 2020 Developer Report
watch()method in Vue 3 Composition API.
- Converting a Vue 2 component into a Vue 3 Component
- Using JSON-Server in a Vue app as an API to prototype an application.
Around the Web
These are things I found cool around the web this week.
- Introducing Squizzy: Our totally serverless Kahoot clone powered by Sanity.io
- Refresh-Proof Vue Forms with Local Storage | Vue Mastery
- Setting Up API Mocking With Mirage JS And Vue.js — Smashing Magazine
- Announcing: The NEW Spring Website!
- Vuex visually explained by Adam Jahr
- 10 Tips to Edit 10x Faster in Premiere Pro
- Vue.js: The Documentary (TRAILER)
- Vue 3 for library authors by Damian Dulisz - YouTube
- JS Party: Fullstack D3 with Amelia Wattenberger
- Shop Talk Show: An Event Apart, Subgrid, Grid, Chrome engine, & more with Eric Meyer
- Go Time: Unusual uses for Go: GUIs
- Groovy 3.0 Released
- Supercharge your command line experience: GitHub CLI is now in beta - The GitHub Blog
- Version 9 of Angular Now Available — Project Ivy has arrived!
Until Next Week
Thanks for sitting down and sharing a cup of coffee with me my friend. I hope you enjoyed this installment of Coffee & Code and I will see you next Sunday morning. If you have any links you would like me to include please contact me and I might add them to a future newsletter. I hope you have a great week and as always friends...