Welcome to Coffee and Code with me, Dan Vega. This newsletter is a little insight into what I was up to this week, things I found interesting and anything on my radar for the upcoming week. If you missed last week's newsletter you can checkout Coffee and Code #23 here. If you don't already have a cup of coffee grab one now and let's get to it.
Thanks for everyone's feedback on my YouTube thumbnail art. I heard from a couple folks that the font was hard to read so I ended up switch it up to what you see above. With that let's get into this weeks topics.
Vue.JS for beginners
If you follow me at all you probably already know this but I recently released a new course called Vue.js for Beginners: Up and Running with Vue. I haven't really mentioned it to my YouTube audience yet so I thought I would do that this week. I recorded a quick video with my motivation for creating the course and I played the course trailer. If you're interested in watching that video the link is below and If you're not a subscriber on YouTube yet, what are you waiting for 😉
Stir Trek Call for papers
By the time you're reading this, the call for papers for Stir Trek 2020 has ended. As usual, I waited until the very last minute to submit a talk but I was able to submit one. The title for the talk is "Vue 3: Smaller, Faster & Stronger". This is the talk I gave to CodeMash but I have already made a few updates and if this gets accepted I have some ideas for a few more.
What I have planned for this week...
Vue 3: Smaller, Faster Stronger
If you're in the Cleveland area I will be giving a presentation on Vue 3. This is the same presentation I gave at CodeMash and I am excited to give it again.
I should have another 2 videos out this week. The first is going to be on building a silly app in Vue called Are You Rob Base. I had a lot of fun building this out and I hope you learn something from it. The 2nd I haven't recorded yet so I don't want to announce it just yet but if you have a topic you would like to see me cover please let me know.
Around the Web
These are things I found cool around the web this week.
- Ray Camden: Vue and Form Fields
- How to find CFPs for developer conferences
- Vue Vixens: 2019 Retrospective and 2020 Roadmap
- Full Stack Radio: 133: Sam Selikoff - Building Production-Ready SPAs Fast with Mirage.js
- Hasty Treat - Building A Community Slack, Discord, Spectrum, Discourse, Forums
- Syntax FM: Hasty Treat - Picking the Stack for uses.tech - Gatsby, React, Context, Styled Components
- Rough.js: Create graphics with a hand-drawn, sketchy, appearance
- Tiny Helpers: A collection of free single-purpose online tools for web developers...
- VS Code Themes Showcase: Preview themes from the VSCode marketplace.
- VuePress 1.3.0: Minimalistic Vue-powered static site generator
Until Next Week
Thanks for sitting down and sharing a cup of coffee with me my friend. I hope you enjoyed this installment of Coffee & Code and I will see you next Sunday morning. If you have any links you would like me to include please contact me and I might add them to a future newsletter. I hope you have a great week and as always friends...